Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Strangely Angry at Sitcoms

Last night I accidentally watched this sit-com. 

It was written and acted so poorly that I found myself glued to the screen in a sort of morbid fascination kind of way. The disjointed plot seemed to involve someone named Laquinisha getting even with some kids at school who were uppity about a dance contest they had won.
At the same time Laquinisha's mother Shaniqua was unable to comprehend any 'young peoples' problems due to having her libido apparently transformed into that of a desperate bitch in heat anytime Principal Hughley walked by.
I recall Laquinisha learned that Tyrell preferred her over Tiffany even though Tiffany won the dance contest and was wearing a cheerleader outfit.
I also recall being amazed this was on the air and that I was watching it!
Considering that this show didn't have any writing to worry about, they could have at least tried to find a volunteer Gaffer from the audience.
(A Gaffer is someone who finds and prevents 'Gaffs' like say a car or person that has been moved out of background between takes)
Oh but no! This sit-com figured no one would notice when characters actually vanish from scenes, or are wearing different clothes after only going onto the balcony!
Here is the really sick part though - according to the shows producers and 'writers' it seems that all white-skinned people are very dull and responsible. Now that is not nearly as bad as having anyone, darker than creole, being portrayed as a 'Shukkin an Jivin' slang-rhyming-hedonist, interested in nothing else but something called 'ching-ching, bling-bling' followed by humping air and saying 'an ya know wot I mean'!
All black women over 25, were sexually jealous freaks who would do grotesque 'chicken dances' at any moment a mans name was even mentioned.
What the fuck is this?
I think these were called 'Minstrel shows' back in America's 20's?
Listen, I don't know much about racial problems in the States but if I was a black American woman watching the 'head shakin and eye rollin' on some of these 'geirrl frieennd!' programmes... lets say Id be even more offended than I am now!
Believe me I am already very disgusted!

No comments:

Post a Comment