Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Introduction to Panic Disorder


This is meant to help those seeking help and information on the condition and states often known clinically as  Panic Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Agoraphobia, Depression and more commonly known as being stressed-out, nervous breakdowns, chronic worry, despair and discouragement.
For years I lived in a state of near constant worry, anxiety, panic disorder, deep depression and thank God was able to say good-bye to those things and start truly living again. It is a journey I will always be on and forever improving but I feel confident I can take what I learned and help others who now find themselves paralyzed, hurt and confused by anxiety and depression. Consider me a fellow traveler.
The Obligatory Advice:
Since I’m not a clinical psychologist or medical expert I have to tell you up front anything you find here is simply from my own personal experience, opinions and advice I found helpful.  I’m obligated to remind you that you should always check with your Doctor or Licensed Health Care Experts or Counselors.
What You Can Find Here:
You can find out most of what you need to know throughout this website but one of the things I pledged to do is never re-invent the wheel when it comes to courses, books, audiobooks or counseling systems when there are already some excellent people doing just that already. In my site I will give you comprehensive reviews and refer those who I think have got it right.
Other than that I like to think you can find meaningful answers and a place to share solutions and hopefully a few good laughs in here. This is an amateur adventure so you probably won’t find good technical writing but if you think you can improve my rants feel free to volunteer as an editor ;)
Out of Love:
I may never forget the turning point in my journey. It was brutal. I was outraged. The person who initiated that turning point did so with a simple sentence: “You are doing it to yourself”. I was so offended I spent the next 48 hours pacing my living room arguing with my own self about how wrong this person was..  ..until finally accepting it and realizing it was the very turning point moment in my direction.
If you are here and suffering with anxiety and depression then I know you are also a loving person who has a passionate heart and values life. You wouldn’t be here if you weren’t. I wouldn’t put this site together if I didn’t care about people in this situation. So if you ever come across something that seems offensive please know it never intends to be hurtful. It comes from a place of love. Some people might say ‘tough love’ but the point is that it comes from a good intention even if the receiver doesn’t always like hearing it.
But for the most part consider this a good time and feel free to have a few laughs and smiles along the way too!

No comments:

Post a Comment